Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Kasia skirt

My Kasia skirt.

This is my first ever blog, I hope it turns out ok. :)

This is a free pattern off  burdastyle.com . Thank you to the designer and the site and for making it free. I love free stuff. I made mine out of a grey check fabric with fine red, blue and black stripes. The pockets are made from my boyfriend's old shirt. I really love recycling fabric. I included a close up picture of the skirt so you can see the zipper is unusual as it is on the front and hidden by the pouch. The pockets are cute as they are ruched. I rate the pattern highly as it fit me well and gives me a flattering hour glass figure. I do admit I got confused halfway through the instructions so just sewed it as seemed logical to me. It worked out fine.

Now I just have to pretend I work in an office so I can wear it. I wear scrubs at work so there is no scope for dressing up apart from the colour of my crocs and my theatre hat, although I admit I do like wearing 'pyjamas' to work. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment