Monday, February 21, 2011
Roses are red
This is new look 6699. It is such a neat pattern as you can mix and match all the pieces to make an array of really different dresses. I made the first view as I thought it had a fifties feel and loved the wee capped sleeves. I want to make this pattern again but will make a straight skirt, perhaps. I had a bit of trouble with the sizing, I am not much of a pre-cut fitter. I tend to measure my self and cut that pattern and go for it. So the result was it was a couple of inches too big through the front, the sleeves were pretty much off my shoulders. To compensate I made a small pleat in the centre front neckline and put some buttons on to distract from this. The pattern is quite busy so it isn't obvious I did this. Next time I will cut a size smaller.
This is a close up of the fabric, I know it look like it is, but it isn't shiny. It is a stretch cotton.