Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cute button bracelets

I have gotten a little button crazy recently. I sewed buttons all over a dress I made (which I still have to show you), and I have been having fun making bright button jewellery too. I was inspired by this beautiful funky bracelet my friend had, and I thought 'I can make that'. I bought approximately 500 buttons off Trade Me, all bright platic bright colours(they came in a bulk lot sale-I didn't buy them individually, haha) . I really wanted bright yellow giant buttons, and it had some, so I was happy.

These are what I made.


This is by far my favourite, it is all purple and blue, and each button has another button threaded on top.




I wear this one with my red dresses, I love bright colours, they make me happy.




This is my least favourite, purple, green and yellow. Wearing these is a really easy way to brighten up a plain outfit, I have gotten a lot of positive comments when I wear them.

s



My cute pink, red and yellow girly one. These are really easy to make. All you need is leftover buttons, elastic to thread them and ten or so minutes.


I ran out of my good elastic when I made this one. It is best if it is stretchy, but not too stretchy, if you know what I mean. This is a really long one and I wear it wrapped around my wrist a few times.



What have you been crafting recently? Have you seen any neat button things I might like?


No comments:

Post a Comment