Monday, March 21, 2011

cooler than the red dress


So when I think of this dress, I get that sugababes 'cooler than the red dress' stuck in my head, it's a fun song.

 

Of course this is another New Look 6699 dress. It is my favourite pattern. I made the second view, without the waist tie. I tried to make the bust piece a size smaller this time, as previously I have found the top gapes when you make the size your measurements tell you to. Luckily, now it fit well under the arms, but was still gaping at the top, so I took out the excess down the front by putting a new seam there by taking a v out of the top. This naturally looked awful, so I put a wee placket and buttons overtop. I am stoked with how it turned out.

Back view. Maybe a red zip would have been better, but I am too lazy to go out and get new notions when a project is underway, and this zip was in my stash. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment